If you met His Holiness the 16th Karmapa in America on one of his three visits or at the time of his Parinirvana (or on one of his tours of Asia or Europe) and would like to share your story of the encounter, please use the form below to do so.
Here are some questions that can help guide your reflections.
- When did you first encounter Buddhism and what was your relationship with practice by the time you heard about His Holiness 16th Karmapa.
- What is your memory of meeting HH for the first time?
- What was your role during any of the visits?
- Relate a story that stands out to you during your time with HH.
- Did your encounter with HH affect your life in any way?
- If you witnessed HH near the time of his Parinirvana, was there anything unusual about his reaction to his illness that you observed?
- If you have seen the 17th Karmapa, what was that like after knowing the 16th Karmapa?
- What else about your interaction with HHK 16 would you like to share?
- What does the Karmapa Center 16 as a stupa, pilgrimage site, commemoration and place of study about the Karmapas mean to you? What do you want people to remember about him?
Story/Photos/Media Submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org